If you feel you or a loved one have received treatment that could be considered doctor negligence you should contact a specialist doctor negligence solicitor to discuss what has happened at the earliest opportunity. Doctor negligence is a highly complex area of law, and not all unforeseen or unwelcome medical experiences will be considered negligent.
As one of the top injury law firms in Ireland, we have a highly experienced specialist doctor negligence team. We also offer a free advice service to help you to understand (a) what you need to do to get the full facts about what has happened, and (b) to impartially assess whether you have a valid case for compensation. (You can call us now on our free phone on 1800 989 850 number or fill in our call back form).
What is doctor negligence?
Of all the professions, a medical doctor has a duty to maintain the highest level of care at all times, because even a small lapse in judgement can have catastrophic impact on their patient.
Sometimes the reason something has gone wrong is quite understandable. Doctors are human and everyone makes occasional mistakes, especially when under pressure. But what is the line between doctor negligence, and a valid treatment that just didn’t work out?
There are a number of circumstances in which it can be argued that a doctor has breached their duty of care, including:
1) A delay or a mistake in the diagnosis of your illness or injury
2) A failure to act on the results of your test
3) A mistake made during your procedure or operation
4) An error in administering your treatment or medication
5) Inadequate follow up care
6) Not communicating to you the risks associated with your procedure
How will you be compensated?
Doctor negligence can result in serious medical complications or death. This brings financial loss, pain and suffering, and emotional difficulties. As specialist doctor negligence solicitors we will help you to ascertain the correct level of present and future damages you have sustained, and vigorously pursue those responsible until you have been compensated adequately.
What should I do next?
It is essential that you talk to an experienced doctor negligence solicitor about what has occurred if you want to fully protect your rights. Almost all claims for doctor negligence are strenuously defended and very few solicitors have the breath of experience or competence to take on a medical negligence case.
We have many years of experience working with doctor negligence victims and can offer you an unparalleled level of service and professionalism.
Talk to us now, by calling our free phone line, or filling in our call back form.
- 100% Speak to a specialist doctor negligence claim solicitor
- 100% Free advice without obligation
- 100% Provide a practical listening ear
- 100% Helpful and courteous at all times
- 100% Impartial & accurate advice
- 100% No pressure
- 100% No legal jargon
What can I expect?
When you call us you will be put through to a solicitor who is very experienced in dealing with doctor negligence cases
We will listen to you as you tell us about your injuries in complete confidence.
We can normally tell you quickly if your claim is worth pursuing, the likelihood of your succeeding, and what will be involved in the claims process, including how long it usually takes.
Medical Negligence Ireland Examples
Our legal team can also tell you the general level of compensation for your claim, and if there are likely to be any costs involved.
The State Claims Agency says that the average medical negligence award in Ireland is currently €63,000, but depending on the severity of the case, settlements can be far higher, for example:
1. The Health Service Executive (HSE) apologised to the family of John McNeive in Mayo, and made a settlement of €102,000 after a two-year delay in the diagnosing of his cancer. The settlement was for the mental stress to the family.
2. Emma Dempsey suffered shoulder injuries during her birth, causing her to have limited function in her right arm and shoulder permanently. The case was taken against the National Maternity Hospital and against a consultant obstetrician, The High Court approved a settlement of €500,000, which was made without any acceptance of liability.
The easiest next step is to call our Free Phone number on 1800 989 850 without obligation.
If you cannot speak to us now, simply fill in the contact form above to request a call from us at any time that is convenient for you.